- Secondary School – La Salle College and Rosaryhill School
- University – Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Fellow Member – Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant (Practising) – Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Fellow Member – CPA Australia
- Fellow Member – Chartered Institute of Management Accountant
- Fellow Member – Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Director – Hong Kong Chiu Chow Chamber of Commerce (since 2003)
- Director – Pacific Basin Economic Council (since 2019)
- Board Advisor – Accounting Advisory Board, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (since 2019)
- Hong Kong representative – Brazil-China Chamber of Commerce (2020)
- GBA Working Group Member –The Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce
Mr. Thomas Wong is one of the two co-founding partners of CW CPA, an international mid-sized professional accounting and advisory firm based in Hong Kong with also offices in Shenzhen, Guangzhou, and Shanghai of Mainland China as well as having liaison offices in Barcelona of Spain, London of UK, Bogotá of Colombia, Sao Paulo and Belo Horizonte of Brazil. He looks after many areas of CW CPA, particularly the business development and strategies of the firm.
Developing overseas markets is always at the top of Thomas’ agenda. In line with the dynamism of the economic and trade relations between China and Latin America, Thomas established a Latin American and Spanish business advisory unit in 2006, which has now fully developed into the Latin Department in his firm, exclusively serving the Spanish and Portuguese-speaking clients—a service model which still remains to be unique among accounting firms in Hong Kong.
With the increasing demand of advisory services from overseas, Thomas and his team receive many delegations each year. In collaboration with consulates, chambers as well as trade and investment promotion agencies, Thomas often organizes events to promote Hong Kong and Mainland China. Thomas and his team also regularly travel to Latin America, Spain and Portugal with the aim of continually gaining insights into these markets and seeking for new business opportunities.
Riding on the wave of technological innovation, Thomas has become a fervent believer in the power of digitalization in business. Over the past few years, he has become a diligent preacher of innovation and entrepreneurship, creating his own ecosystem of business partners that provide resources to start-ups that possess the potential to drive sustainable growth in our societies. His persistence in working closely with his technology partners, including the Hong Kong Science and Technology Park, Cyberport, Xero, Airwallex, Kingdee etc., has become an essential strategy in guiding his professional practice into a new era.