The international tax environment is changing rapidly as a result of coordinated actions by governments and of unilateral measures designed by individual countries, both intended to tackle concerns over base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS) and perceived international tax avoidance techniques. The tightening of tax regulations around the globe can present different risks to business operations and such risks can in turn have many repercussions.
We shall be pleased to provide tax services to you in your unique tax situation, whether it be corporate or individual, national or international. We are here to provide you with tailor-made tax solutions that support your business needs, including managing your exposure to tax, optimizing tax efficiency and coping with the changing tax environment. Our tax professionals, which include qualified accountants of CPA Australia, ACCA and HKICPA, are equipped with tax expertise gained through their long years of prior experience in providing tax advisory services in Hong Kong, China and international context to local and multinational clients in various industries such as manufacturing, wholesale, retail, real estate, information technology, hospitality, logistics, shipping and airlines, fund management and financial services. We are also strong in supporting you in meeting your tax compliance/filing obligations and dealing with the tax authority for resolution of tax disputes.
CW’s tax team in Hong Kong is led by Silvia Luk and service delivery is handled by team-mates who joined us after more than 10 years working experience in the Inland Revenue Department and well-recognised international firms in Hong Kong.
In Hong Kong, we can support you in:
- Tax compliance matters such as profits tax returns filing, employer’s returns filing, individual returns filing and replying to enquiries raised by the Hong Kong Inland Revenue Department;
- Stamp duty matters including application for stamp duty relief;
- Tax dispute resolution;
- Tax investigations and field audit;
- Advance ruling application;
- Tax treaty matters including application for treaty relief, tax resident certificate and initiating mutual agreement procedure;
- Capital gains claim;
- Offshore profits claim;
- Depreciation review;
- Objection and appeal to the Board of Review and courts;
- Other corporate tax planning, such as holding structure for investment in and outside Hong Kong, IPO holding structure, intellectual property holding structure, funding arrangement to achieve tax efficiency;
- M&A tax matters, such as tax due diligence review, financing and tax efficient structuring;
- Individual tax planning and advisory matters, such as time apportionment claim, application for tax exemption, taxation of fringe benefits including share options/awards.
In mainland China, we can support you in:
- Tax compliance;
- Individual income tax (IIT) planning;
- Export tax refund application;
- Health checking;
- Tax planning;
- Client representation.